Saturday, January 31, 2009

Lemon Pepper Chicken



I got this recipe from KellysKorner.blogspot.com.

Kelly is a new mom of a beautiful baby girl Harper who is 2 weeks old. Harper was born with a few medical issues, but is showing major improvements everyday.... I'm not sure how I stumbled across Kelly's blog, but I am glad I did! Kelly seems to be such a strong Christian woman. She is truly an inspiration. She mentioned once that she had over 30,000 hits on her blog in one day!! That's crazy! Harper and Kellys family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lemon Pepper Chicken
6 tablespoons olive oil
2 lemons, 1 thinly sliced, 1 juiced
4 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
Lemon Pepper Seasoning
3/4 lb green beans (I use fresh green beans- Kelly prefers canned)
8 small red potatoes, quartered
4 chicken breasts

Preheat oven to 450. Coat a large baking dish with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Arrange lemon slices from 1 lemon in a single layer on the bottom of the dish.



In large bowl combine remaining olive oil, lemon juice of 2nd lemon, garlic, salt and pepper and lemon pepper seasoning if desired. I keep my lemon that has been juiced aside- and scrub my hands with it when done with the whole process. It helps get rid of that strong garlic smell. They will also help your garbage disposal smell better too!
Add green beans and toss to coat. Using tongs, remove green beans and arrange them on top of lemon slices



Add potatoes to same olive oil mixture and coat. Arrange on inside edge of dish on top of the beans.Place chicken in olive oil mixture and coat. Place chicken in dish. Add additional Lemon Pepper seasoning to top of dish (I also just pour all the remaining mixture over everything in the dish- can't hurt!!)



Roast for 40-50 minutes. Remove chicken and continue roasting potatoes/beans if necessary. (yes... I roasted the pan a little too... I baked it in a metal pan the first time I made it and I think it turned out better then.)

4 comments:

  1. That looks yummy! Can you come to my house to make it for me? Pretty please? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! I would love to! I can make it the day before WE leave to go to Las Vegas...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! I might have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete