Sunday, May 17, 2009

Chicken Burittos! Muy Delicioso!




Chicken burittos are one of my favorite meals! When I worked, the girls used to ask me to make these for lunch pretty often! I tried something new when I made these using the crock-pot for the chicken, and I will never make them the old way again! The chicken was DELISH and SUPER easy! If you don't have a crock-pot, I assume you could cook the chicken on low in a pot on the stove until the chicken becomes tender.
(Makes 9-10 large burritos)
Ingredients:

3-4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (Cut into 2-3 smaller pieces for faster cooking)
3 small (or 1 large and 1 small) can of Enchilada Sauce
1 Can Refried Beans (optional if you don't like beans.. skip em)
1 Packett Fajita Seasoning
1 Package Burrito Size Flour Tortillias
1 Package Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
Seasoned Salt
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder

As usual, I always brown my chicken in a skillet before putting it in the crockpot.
Using a couple teaspoons of oil in a skillet- brown chicken on both sides. Season with Seasoned Salt, Garlic and Onion Powders.


In Crockpot add 1 small can of enchilada sauce, 1/2 cup of water and packett of fajita seasoning
Mix with a fork to break up the seasoning. Add your browned chicken.
Cook on low 4-5 hours until chicken is tender, and you can easily shred it with a fork.
(I did this with the chicken still in the crockpot- It just fell apart when I stirred it)
Stir chicken to mix with sauce. Continue cooking until you are ready to assemble the burritos. I don't think this can be overcooked.
To

Assemble Burritos
Lay out one flour tortillia
Spread 1 tablespoon of canned refried beans in the middle
Add a couple tablespoons of chicken mixture to the middle (just eyeball the amounts)
Roll the tortillia- make sure to fold the ends in so your filling doesnt fall out
Lay your burritos in a baking dish
Cover with the remaining 2 cans of enchilada sauce
Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top- However much suits your taste


Bake at 375 for 20-25 mins until cheese is bubbly

4 comments:

  1. Yuuuuuuummmmm! I love burritos. I am going to be making those soon. The pictures are making my mouth water!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The enchiladas look so good! Yum! Making them as soon as I can drag myself to go get the groceries needed!

    (I made the pillow covers!)

    ReplyDelete