Monday, June 15, 2009

Mexican Chicken


I got this recipe from Kelly http://kellyskornerrecipes.blogspot.com/2009/05/mexican-chicken-aka-king-ranch-chicken.html


Sticking to being myself... I tweaked her original recipe a little bit.

I browned my chicken in a little olive oil on the stove, and then used my crockpot to add all the liquid ingredients (rotel, COM and COC soups, and enchilada sauce).
I added a can of enchilada sauce to her original ingredients just to give it more of a mexican kick. I just let the chicken in the sauce cook for a few hours until it fell apart when I stirred it. It took about 4 hours on high, although the chicken was cooked through before that. If you dont like to fiddle with the crockpot, still make this using her easy way... it is well worth it! So simple, and so good! AND I used flour tortillias instead of corn- I am not a big fan of corn tortillias- unless they are fried into chips! :-)

Her original recipe is as follows

INGREDIENTS:

3-4 chicken breasts, boiled and cut into bite size pieces
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can rotel
1-2 cups cheddar cheese
Package of corn tortillas (small) OR FLOUR as I used
1 can enchilada sauce (optional- but it made mine good!!)

Tear the tortillas into small pieces and line the bottom of a pan. Mix together the soups, rotel and chicken and pour on top. Top with cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Seriously - it's that easy!

3 comments:

  1. Looks really good! I read that blog and never saw this! Thanks for posting it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great! I love the Rotel tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done that with tomato soup, salsa and a bit of milk. Totally delicious! Thanks for the reminder of this great recipe.

    ReplyDelete